Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Queer Right Here

Hey everyone. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Colin and I am not much of a blogger however I figure that after I hit the road for equality this would come in handy. I have been selected for the 2010 Soulforce Equality Ride.

I got back from training in Austin Texas a week ago. I cannot tell you how empowering and humbling it was to be in a room with 24 other rockstar people who were just as convicted about equality as I am.

In March we are hitting the road for a nation wide tour of schools seeking conversation about the intersectionality of sexual orientation and religion. I have a feeling that it is going to be one of the best things I have done in my life and I cannot wait to meet amazing new people in the communities we will be visiting and talking to people who want and need to hear our message.

but let me back up for a hot sec and give you some history about me...I am 21 years old, a pisces on the cusp of aquarious. My prefered gender pronouns are gender neutral. I am an avid knitter and why is my blog is called stitchin for equality? I am going to try and make some sort of knitted good to give to a student I talk to on my journey with the Equality Ride. I am from Kansas City Missouri. I have been involved in community/student organizing, non profit work, and volunteering since I was 16. I am a person of color. I am Irish, scottish and african. I have crazy fly away hair and love big mirrored aviator sunglasses. when not involved in activism I am a huge music nerd. I am literally a human jukebox if you ask me to sing a song and ive me just he title there is a big chance that I will be able to sing some of it. I Have a huge collection of shirts from volunteering that is taking over my closet. I need to get it in check. I am a free spirit and enjoy flying by the seat of my pants. I have a boistrous laugh and I love giving and getting hugs...what can I say snuggling is also a hobby of mine as well.

there is so much that I could say on here but in consideration of your and my attention span I shall cut it off there for now. I am so excited that you are going to be following me on my journey on the ride! look for more updates once the bus has pulled out.

peace with lots of love
-Colin

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very excited to read your blog as you change the world this spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting!

    Donation Link: https://www.soulforce.org/colin_daniels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an aquarius pisces cusp baby too!

    ReplyDelete